mandag den 22. september 2014

Home again time to recover og reflect


Home again from Norway time to recover and reflect

Training for World Championship

























The picture is from the top of Vetakollen with the Oslo inlet in the horizon.

Summary of my week since 12 of september - Whoa - It hurts!

The weekend of September 12 to 14, I went to Norway - Vetakollen, to train and visit an old friend from my stay at Yamnuska Canada. Afterwards I came home to Denmark and I never felt stronger and more motivated. I had a lot of mountain training and high meters in the legs. Wednesday, September 17th we do our weekly Adventure Race training and smasch bum! I crash on my dear MTB. The result is a slight concussion and a face that looks like someone has been beaten me up. How to recover quickly? So I can train again for the World Championship? Read more below!
Luckily I have the world's best friend and teammates.

Why go to Norway?

The race in Ecuador will vary in altitude between 0 and 4000 meters above sea level. The race will descend past waterfalls, climb canyons, cross the primary benefits forests, Páramo highlands, traverse gorges, as well as various water environments like mangroves, rivers, lakes, inlets and across the country from one region to another. That is the discription of the race in Ecuador and because we dont have so many vertical meters and evil terrain in Denmark, I chose to go to Norway and visit my friend Davy, who I know from my stay in Canada at Yamnuska mountain skill semester.

High meters, volume and terrain

It has been important for me to train as many heightmeters as possible. All the training I'm doing is involved in some kind of heightmeters. Altitude training is important both for being strong enough physically and to keep up with my team, who are used to train and do races in the heights.
In Norway I could train heightmeters every day andI was also able to do around 1000 heightmeters per day. It was pure paradise for a Dane.

 
 
At the same time the terrain was more rugged and technically too. So I had the opportunity to train technical properties in rough terrain.
In Denmark we do not have nearly as tough and technical terrain and I will therefore in October travel to Soderasen Sweden to train more and more heightmeters. It is important to get as much training in technical terrain as possible.

Plan after the concussion and how to recover fast

Mentally it has been the toughest week in a long time! Why ?! Because I have been used to train 20-30 hours a week recently. Mission impossible! Pull the plug completely out - whoa - no thanks! But it is necessary yes :) It's good I'm surrounded by the world's best teammates and a very very patient friend. The cure is rest, small portion of exercise and proper food! 

Rest and training

How do you combine rest and training? YOGA and Trekking is the cure! :)
I'm doing various yoga exercises for my strength for all disciplines of adventure race so my joints, tendons and muscles gets stronger. Thus to avoid being injured.
Right after the crash, I could not do hard physical activity, but a long trek is pure relaxation in my world and not nearly as "hard". All outskirts of Utterlevsmose is now known :)

 

 

 

 

Proper food

The right food and nutrition is important when you are injured - though it's in the head or other physical damage. First, my activity level has not been the same, so therefore I have not been so dependent on getting as many calories as I'm use to. It has been important to get the macro and micro nutrients. Proteins, carbohydrates, fats and vitamins. So the bodycan recover properly and have access to it it needs  and then be able to recover faster. When we talk about an injury in the brain / head, it is important to get enough energy, fat, proteins and vitamins. The brain uses a lot of energy to repair itself so you should certainly not do an energy deficit, because you are afraid to put on weight! Fat, proteins and vitamins, because the brain is composed of fat, proteins and vitamins are important building blocks that make it all go up in a larger unit. So my cure healthy food - food is life :)


Ready to train again :)

Hopefully I'm at full speed in amount of training next week!

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar