fredag den 8. august 2014

HUAIRASINCHI World Championship ARWC Ecuador - First thoughts and Traning Master Plan

HUAIRASINCHI (AR World Championship 2014) - First thoughts
  
Today the World Championship published a newsletter about the Altitude profile at HUAIRASINCHI in Ecuador. The planning and training can now really get started. Recovery from the Beast of Ballyhoura is also coming to an end and I can now slowly increase my amount of training towards November


Traning - The Master Plan
My training will consist of a lot of up and downhill. At first, my basic shape need to be tuned, so I will peak in the month of November. 
To help me, I have a lot of training buddies and Polar sports watch V800. A multi-sport watch with training diary with built-in GPS, heart rate monitor and most importantly have the multi sport function with different training profiles. At the same time it can measure my recovery time and give me the opportunity to fully analyze my training. I'm really looking forward to working with Polar and there will be weekly training profiles on this blog. 
During August, September and October I will participate in two smaller Adventure Race with my women team - Adventure Explorers Bimbos. At the same time, I will be the one who will put up CP's and be the judge at Møns Klint Adventure Race, which will be good training for me as there are many hills and stairs :) And at last I will go on a trip to Norway and Sweden to completely tune up my shape.

The Team - Terra Aventura Ecuador
The team I will race with in Ecuador is a local team, who I met when we raced Maya Mountain Challenge in Belize. They are pretty strong and accustomed to the terrain, which is a great advantage. On the team are Joaquin Lopez, Felipe Munchmeyer, Gonzalo Espinosa and me :) I will travel to Ecuador 2,5 weeks before the World Championship starts to acclimatise to the altitude and  for training with the team.

The race
The race will be 650 km and the disciplines are kayak, trekking, orienteering, ropes and mountain biking. The route will remain secret until 1 day before the race starts. It will pass through the three continental regions of Ecuador - The Coast, highlands, and Amazon and it will cross the equator line :) 



Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar