fredag den 15. august 2014

WOW what a week... And it's not done jet :) Adventure Race - Training and Community

Adventure Race Community project and lots of recovery training

Wow what a week and it is not even finish jet!

My week was focused on training and full recovery after European Series Race Beast of Ballyhoura 40 hours race. After a longer race, I always go to my sports masseuse and acupuncturist Kasper Fardan. This is to prevent injuries and to assist the body in recovering better and faster.

A longer race is not good for the body and it is therefore necessary to subsequently support the body in full recovery both with proper nutrition and injury prevention.
Improper nutrition can lead to fatigue and injuries after a longer race. Protein needs are essential if you have been in the energy deficit that you almost can not avoid during an Adventure Race :) It is therefore important after a race to focus on protein intake otherwise you will start to break down your muscles, which is inappropriate for performance and muscle building.

A normal daily diet should consist of 10-15% protein, maximum 30% fat and 55-60% carbohydrates. If you exercise a lot (5-7 times a week), your carbohydrate intake should be increased because it is the body's fuel. Are you training at elite level, you may want to increase the carbohydrate amount to about 65-70%, and you can then cut the fat intake down to 20% - both women and men.


My training focus this week has primarily been biking a lot, since it is a much less strain on the body. I have had the bike workout each day and some run workouts. This weekend I will do more biking, a kayak workout and an orienteering competition.







 

     I had a dream :) Adventure Race Community

I have long been thinking about starting up a training community for Adventure Race. As an Adventure Racer you train lots of different sports. This means that I am a member of a kayak club, MTB club, orienteering club and a strength training center. It's ok to be a member of various clubs and I love it when I am training. But you are never a real part of the club community because you train lots of different sports. In my orienteering club I am called driftwood, which means a person who only shows up sometimes.
I'd like to change that! At first to start a free training community up for Adventure Race with my Team - Adventure Explorers.
 

And yes we did it!

First training was this week. We put it at our facebook page and invited people. WOW it was great - to see so many people show up and had the same desire, to train Adventure Race like us!

The training was Coasteering and Adventure swim at Amager Beach Park and now we continue to train every Wednesday at 6 PM from now on. So do you like to train Adventure Race? Then join the group. Everybody is welcome :)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1445720762374950/

Video from the training
https://vimeo.com/103464151

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar