søndag den 17. august 2014

Orienteering competition in Broby Vesterskov - Divisionmatch

Orienteering competition in Broby Vesterskov - Divisionmatch 

Nerdy version :)


Orienteering - I love it!

The feeling you get when you get a map in your hand and the image of the terrain that comes ahead of you. Contour lines, densities, etc.. Images and ideas about how the terrain is reaching out in front of you and how to find the best route choices through it.

My Orienteering Club Søllerød OK

I run orienteering Søllerød OK. A club full of enthusiasts and people who are passionate about the sport in every way. Every time I've been to a competition or training I do want to run more orienteering, because love their joy. Søllerød have a really good community and good training opportunities. There is always a kind soul who would like to geek out about the route choices with you and tell the adventure racer how she gets better at orienteering :)

Game on - 3rd place :) Wuhu

Today's route was through fast terrain and is there something I'm good at? It is to put the big engine on and run like hell :)

First of all it was raining like hell. I had a really really good run today. I run safely to CP1 to get a good start. Continuing out in the open area and up in the density - around and found CP2 and CP3 BAMM BAMM. I choose to take the path up to CP4, because I know once I feel it's going really well, then it will go wrong! CP4 and CP5 check and check. The small lake and the two "hills" and the terrain is very well to run fast in even though it is relatively wet. I run safe into CP6, because I know that tree precipitations can be tricky. I run across and hits into the stone collection and further up to CP7. From CP7 to CP8 I choose to take the path to avoid vertical meters and be able to run fast. I hit CP8-9-10 in a row. I'm flying :)

But then boom and I lost the 1st place! I forget to look at my compass on the way to CP12 and runs southerly instead of northerly! Damn. I discover it relatively fast, but it costs about 3 min. anyway :( You can see it on my Polar GPS track under here.
It annoyed me a little, but there it is. I know that until then, I have run a really good run. The last couple of CP's goes fine and I'll run fast like hell over the finishline :) I end up getting a 3rd place 2 min. after the 1st place. I'll get it next time!








I gave it full speed all the way and according to my Polar watch I have run my highest heart rate zone most of the way. In addition it provides a fast time, it also helps to increase my maximum performance and speed. My run has lasted long enough to increase the resistance and thus my endurance. It's great to have Polar watch on. It's almost dangerous because you get practically the motivation to exercise more, but the art is also recovering from at the right times.

Right you can see my heart rate zones and under here you can see my split times from CP to CP :)










Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar