søndag den 31. august 2014

World Championship Training :-D Judge and setting up CP's at Mons Klint Adventure Race

World Championship training - Full speed ahead

After 10 hours and 15 minutes Adventure Race in Faaborg last Saturday, which was a part of my training towards the World Championship Adventure Race in Ecuador I started out with the World Championship training again this week. My legs was a little bit sore after the race and therefore was the only training I did monday - cycling and strength training to get on the top again.
I have already received another newsletter from the race. It is really professional made ​​and all details are under control. I already know everything about my transition boxes etc.

Advice from an experienced Mr. in Adventure Race - Kyle Peter training log (Team Tecnu)


I want to be as ready as I can be for the World Championship and that is why I asked Kyle Peter from Team Tecnu for advice regarding training and so on. Kyle and his team was nr. 3 at the World Championship last year. So it's good advice and tips that I can get from him :) And what a training log! Fantastic and incredibly well thought out! He's going to be the a wild machine to the World Championship!! So after I have re-evaluated my training plan based on Kyle's, I went to an orienteerings competition in Tisvilde. I will upload my full training schedule next week.

Picture below - a section/week of Kyle's training log - AWESOME stuff!

Tisvilde - late summer cup - orienteering competition


Tisvilde fence and orienteer people :) There is something special about Tisvilde Fence .. Dunes, troll trees and lovely forest orienteering. The competition went well and it was a good exercise! Nice to get out and get rock and rool in the legs in the forest. Afterwards Tisvilde Fence orienteerings club welcomed all to a barbecue and a chance to geek out route choices with Arne. Arne is 70 + years and he runs in the same club as me and he is always happy to geek out about route choices and tell the eternally happy adventure racer that she has run the wrong way :) It was Awesome!

Judge and setting up CP's to Mons Klint Adventure Race

For my training, I also needed a lot of hills / mountains. I got the opportunity to help Anders (organizer of Mons Klint Adventure Race) to put up CP's and be the judge for his race. It was good hill training and Mons Klint is always a great place to practice Adventure Race and lovely to see so many enjoying Adventure Race too. I was a judge for Danish Adventure Race Union.

 



Thoughts about being a judge

Many are wondering why a judge? For your sake and so we can continue to practice the sport. Mons Klint as an example. There were several places where we were not allowed to move away from the paths, private grounds and no up and down at the cliff etc.. Among others because we want to preserve nature as it is and not to make "new" trails - when there are 200 happy adventure racers who are going to run around they will make a new path which is not there. That is why I was the good judge and I would sent you on the right track if i should be on the wrong one :)
 
 

In addition, we would like to ensure a fair and safe competition for you. That was why I stood at several CP's on a so-called mountain orienteering. A place where many would be tempted to leave a man at the bottom. It is not fair for the teams who go alle the way.
 

Safety - I checked first aid kits and mobile. It's for your own safety. We participate in a sport that has some risks and it is therefore important to be able to provide safety outthere! it is not possible if you do not have the firstaid kit with you :)
 

Overall, there was no smoke in the judge trap to Mons Klint Adventure Race - thanks for a fair and safe competition. It was great!

Ready for next weeks training!! Oh yeah --> 20 hours of training to go! Bring it on :)
 

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar